Swagelok Installation Training (SLT-INSTALL-00)
The aim of this course is to provide a thorough understanding of the installation practices and procedures for tubing systems. Taking place over one full day, it will give your personnel guidance on working safely and help you improve levels of installation performance and reliability.
No previous experience or training is required.
The written and practical tests differentiate it from other training courses that merely register attendance and do not assess competency. This aspect addresses the U.K.O.O.A recommendations regarding training, found in the ‘Guidelines for the Management, Design, Installation and Maintenance of Small Bore Tubing Systems’.
Course Contents (1 day)
The day is divided into two main sessions. Lunch is provided and provides an excellent forum to review what has been learned with other students. Please advise us ahead of time if you have any specific dietary requirements.
The morning session, based in a classroom environment, covers the theoretical part of the course.
The following key subjects, amongst others, are covered:
- Correct tube selection and handling (based on environmental and pressure considerations)
- Good tube handling practices (including cutting, de-burring and compensating for other variables)
- Correct and safe installation of tube fittings
- Installation and re-tightening procedures (including pre-swaging, gaugeability)
- Tube system installation (including correct support, placement and monitoring procedures)
- Tube fitting mechanics (including safety directives on intermix and interchange)
- Tube fitting and incorrect practice identification
- Thread type discussion and threaded fitting installation practices
- Correct tube bending practices (including 3 practical exercises)
- Safety considerations
The morning session is concluded with a written examination with a pass mark of 80%.
The afternoon session is devoted to a practical examination. The students are required to demonstrate their understanding and skill by fabricating a burst test loop using all the information and good practice learnt from the theoretical session.
The test loop is prepared by the student and is tested on our burst test rig. The student increases the pressure until his/her loop bursts on the straight tubing section. This proves that good, safe, installation practices have been mastered which will lead to leak and trouble free systems at your facility.
Upon successful completion of both sessions of the course, the student receives a certificate, which proves the student’s competency has been verified and demonstrated during the training undertaken.
The student returns to his workplace with both the knowledge and the tools to put what has been learned into practice.